I never really got the chance to do an in-depth post on where to stay in Seoul, so here it is. Deciding where to stay takes up the most time when planning a trip to a new place. Well at least for me. Especially if it’s you’re first time. There’s a lot of things to consider when choosing a place. As for us, we make sure that the place is always near the city center. This will give us access to convenience stores, money exchange, restaurants and more.
Believe it or not, it took us over a week to decide on a place to stay in Seoul. Thankfully, my former classmate who is Korean, helped us in choosing the right hotel. We stayed at the Ibis Style Ambassador. (Please take note that Ibis Style Ambassador is different from Ibis Ambassador).
We were so glad we ended up in that hotel. Here’s a list of reasons why.
• There’s an airport shuttle from the airport that will take you to Ibis Style Ambassador. It doesn’t stop exactly in front of the hotel, but it’s only a 3 minute walk to and from the stop.
• There’s a 7/11 right next to the hotel which I think is open 24 hours.
• Myeongdong, Seoul’s skin care shopping capital, is right opposite the hotel.
• You will not go hungry. There are a lot of restaurant choices opposite the hotel too.
• If you’re facing the hotel, Namsan Seoul Tower is just on your right.
• Myeongdong Cathedral is just walking distance.
• Namsangol Hanok Village is another landmark that’s just walking distance from our acommodation.
• Lotte world Mall and Shilla Duty Free is just a 15 minute walk (as long as you don’t get side tracked by the cosmetics stores).
• There are a lot of money exchange in the area as well.
This is a pretty basic budget hotel. In terms of the size of the rooms, don’t expect anything spacious. The toilet was impressive though, as everything was automatic! LOL. Moving on, the one thing that I was very impressed with, was their cleanliness. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I felt like they changed our sheets every single day! They always smelled fresh out of the laundry.
If you want to see how the rooms looked like, you can watch the video below and skip to 3:13
That’s it for this post! If you guys have any question, don’t be shy to drop a comment below! 🙂