It was over 40 years ago, when The Habit Burger Grill first opened in Santa Barbara, California. Now, they’re finally here in Dubai! Located at Matajer, University City in Sharjah and IBN Battuta Mall, The Habit Burger Grill is sure to take you on a food journey back to California.
You’re probably thinking, another burger restaurant in Dubai. Well, you’re thinking wrong. I’ve become a very picky eater the past few weeks and the last thing I want to dig into is yet another burger. However, The Habit Burger Grill is different. Before Corbie and I went over to the cashier to order, we were given “the talk”; and here’s what makes them stand out from the rest:
1. BEEF: 100% beef that’s freshly made on a daily basis with no additives!
2. They take care of their vegetables! Everything they put in your burger is fresh! And boy, they weren’t kidding. From the crunchy lettuce to the sweet tomatoes, they stayed true to their word.
3. Your burger, your way. Yes, you can customize your burgers! In fact, they have different bread choices and if you’re someone who’s taking care of your diet, you can choose a lettuce wrap for your burger instead. You can also choose your own sauce if you prefer to be extra specific.
4. And speaking of sauces, they have an array of dips and sauces to choose from! Besides the ketchup and mayo, they have cheese, barbecue, teriyaki, spicy habanero, garlic sauce, tar tar sauce, honey dijon etc.etc.etc!
5. They have the BEST MILKSHAKE I’ve ever tasted and I’m not even exaggerating! Corbie can attest to that! We were instantly obsessed!
6. All of their burgers are chargrilled, you know what they say, it’s not the same, without the flame!
7. The Habit Burger Grill is voted America’s tastiest burger, so why would you miss this chance to try it out? Make it a habit to eat at only the best 😉
Now, let’s get on to the real deal and what I really have to say about The Habit Burger Grill after tasting their burgers and getting a first hand experience of their customer service.
The Habit Burger Grill’s interior is very homey thanks to its warm lights. I especially loved the idea of putting up tropical paintings giving the customers the “Santa Barbara” vibe. In addition, I appreciate the idea of having an open kitchen rather a closed door one. Customers are able to really see what goes on behind the counters as their burgers are being prepared. It might not be a big deal to some but for me, this is one good move of being transparent to their customers. I for one would like to see how my burgers are made, if you know what I mean.
And although this was a blogger event and Corbie invited me to go along with him (thank you!), I made sure to do a little snooping around at how their staff would treat other customers. What I admired most about them? They’re always smiling which I think is one very important trait every employee should have when working in the food industry. You want to make your customers feel welcome even though they’re still trying to decide where to dine in.
I do have a little comment though, whoever takes the order should be a little more attentive. Since burgers are customizable, it’s crucial that they take note of every request. When I ordered the milkshake, I specifically told them not to put whip cream but it still arrived with a whole lot of cream on top. I’m not the type to make a fuss, but, there are others out there who can be very precise when it comes to their food. I’ve encountered customers like these, and most of the time, it doesn’t end pretty. So this is just a heads up! On the other hand though, they got my burger order all correct!
Digging in to your burger the moment it’s served to you is where the secret lies. You don’t want to wait a little longer because honestly, the moment I bit into my Santa Barbara burger, I felt the tenderness of the patty, the crunchiness of the lettuce, the sweetness of the tomatoes, the melted cheese and the freshness of the avocados! The flavours are so rich I couldn’t stop eating! The patty’s were a little thin than the usual which is actually a plus for me as it gives you the chance to balance out the taste of the other ingredients. I personally stay away from burgers with thick patties because for one, it makes me feel full in a jiffy and I end up not finishing my burger. You have a choice to get yourself a double patty if you wish, so situation win-win.
One of my favourites are the Tempura Green Beans!!! These are deep fried, but wait, before you react, even though they’re deep fried, they use only 100% trans fat free vegetable oil. Before dipping these green beans in garlic sauce, I never thought they could taste sooo good!
The sweet potato fries were the bomb! For one, they were really sweet and the good thing was, they didn’t even add any sweetener or sugar (unlike other restaurants I know). They also served it without salt which gives you the freedom to season your sweet potatoes your way 🙂
A meal will not be complete without a drink, and their mocha milkshake is definitely worth ordering. They have the best milkshake I’ve ever tasted! And even while I write this post, I can’t stop thinking about it and craving for it! It’s a simple milkshake when you see it but boy, the flavour is something!
The Habit Burger Grill’s food is so delicious, you’ll want to make it a Habit so don’t forget to give it a try when you drop by their two locations ♥
Find Them At:
Ibn Battuta Mall | Matajer, University City, Sharjah
Follow The Habit Burger Grill